Risen Christ Elementary students (kindergarten-6th grade) can receive transportation from the public school district.
- Parents request transportation from the public school district in writing.
- Specify student name, address, and phone number and the name, address, and phone number of Risen Christ.
Risen Christ Lutheran School
41 E. Possum Road
Springfield, OH 45502
- The 30 Minute Rule — Risen Christ must be within a 30 minute drive from the public school on a school bus during the school day. Thirty minutes is timed starting from the public school where the student would be assigned.
- In certain cases, a public school district may declare a student “impractical” to transport and instead provide a limited reimbursement payment to the parent.
- On the first Monday in August, follow up on your transportation request with a phone call to your district’s bus transportation office.
- Be patient. Whether your child attends public or private school, it can take up to two weeks for the bus schedule to become regular.
Local Bus Transportation Phone Numbers
Southeastern: 462-8388, 206-2588